Monday, September 21, 2009

A post is a post

I was looking somewhere or listening somewhere that a post is about 3 paragraphs.  I will do my best to do at least one weekly post about life at the blog.

I am receiving 2nd year bloggers this year.  Only the new students do not have google accounts.  Boy this has sure sped things along.  Anyone out blogging and the younger students are not I recommend getting them started and giving them the google account.  Students this year will use Google Docs and Blogger extensively in Language Arts and Math. 

I am also pleased to announce that the Grade 8's that I had last year will be blogging in Grade 9.  I have convinced one to the teachers to blog and have helped him set up his class.  I will help them get set up but after 3 years of blogging this should be a snap.  I hope that all goes well for the Grade 9's. 

Also on a positive not it looks like the Video Production students are going to have a blog too.  I have convinced the teachers to use a variety of technology to help them showcase their students work online.  I am looking forward to them seeing the potential of the technology to help students learn more from each other and other experts online.  Yeah Progress.

1 comment:

Kim R. said...

Change has arrived in fundraising. I came across a website www.raisewhileyousave.com (RWYS) the other day when looking into Green fundraising oppurtunities, as I am fed up with my kids going door 2 door and selling cookie dough and magazines. I looked into this new fundraising program which is helping parents Save Money while raising money.they are also helping great causes which don't have any budget to run a fundraiser, as they do all the work for you, by building you a webpage attached to thier website. Thier products are these really snazzy energy saving product kits, which can save parent $100's of dollars on those bills we all hate to open. I thought I would share this information as we could all do with a little extra cash during this economy Im sure. My friend who is a PTA mom is always complaining about the difficulty of getting new ideas, and the lack of interest they have in the same old boring fundraising oppurtunities. I think this is very clever, as the schools and community fundraisers, don't purchase anything, the kids don't need to do anything, the kits save money and help raise money, and apparently they even send the kits out to the parents home, so PTA moms like my friend no longer need to chase moms around the playground to tell them thier products are in the sports hall for collection. we've all been there. :)