Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new project

I am going to be collaborating with an awesome teacher from Alabama. Crystal Wright is a math teacher from Challenger Middle School. After a few skype calls and some lead up we have decided that the students will introduce themselves to each other using voicethreads.

You will find the work we will be doing at the alatoba07. We are planning to use skype to get two different classes one from Sargent Park School and the other from Challenger Middle School to solve problems. I promote communication in my classroom and this will be a great opportunity for the students to practice what they have been doing. The students will start communicating with each other this week on January 18th.

I am a bit nervous for this first interaction. As with all first steps it will be the most difficult. After the 18th there will be nothing but smooth sailing. Right?!!

Looking forward to having the opportunity to collaborate again. It was great last year and perhaps it will be the catalyst for more authentic learning opportunities for my students.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: